The TS-590S marks a bold new chapter in Kenwood’s proud history of manufacturing high-performance transceivers. Featuring a narrow-band Roofing Filter the TS-590S significantly reduces interference from unwanted signals that would be hidden to lesser rigs. With IF AGC based on advanced DSP technology, Kenwood has essentially redefined HF performance. Built to satisfy the most demanding DX’er, this high-performance HF transceiver takes Amateur Radio to the next level continuing the Kenwood tradition of operating ease and rugged reliability.
- Best dynamic range in its class versus off-frequency interference
- 500 Hz / 2.7 kHz Roofing Filters
- 32-bit floating point DSP
- 100 W heavy-duty design
- Built-in automatic antenna tuner ( 6 ~ 160 meters )
- USB & Serial DB-9 ports for PC connectivity
- Kenwood ARCP-590 Control Software
- Kenwood ARHP-590 Radio Host Program for VOIP
- CW Auto Tune
- Beat Cancel
- An even higher performance receiver with superior adjacent dynamic range.
- Advanced AGC control through digital signal processing from the IF stage.
- Highly reliable TX outputs high-quality TX signal.
- New morse code decoder. Scroll display on 13-segment display unit.
Characters shown in dedicated window on ARCP-590G.
- MULTI/CH knob (with push-switch) and RIT/XIT/CL key also configurable in
addition to existing PF A and PF B programmable functions.
- New Split function (TS-990S-style) enabling quick configuration added in addition to existing Split setting.
- Transceiver equalizer configurable by mode.
- FIL A/B configurable independently with VFO A/B (convenient during Split operation).
- Front or rear PTT selectable for Data PTT.
- Switching from HI CUT/LO CUT to WIDTH/SHIFT possible for reception bandwidth changing in SSB mode.
- DRV connector switchable to antenna output function(convenient when connecting to external receiver).
- Large display with superior visibility.
LED backlight color tone configurable in 10 steps from amber to green.
- Speech processor independently configurable for microphone transmission and voice message transmission.
- 20-step expansion of settings range including TX monitor and CW side tone, etc.
- Operation when pressed now added to existing toggle operation for TX tuning function.
|160,80,60,40,30,20,17,15,12,10, 6 meter bands
0.13 ~ 30 MHz, 50 ~ 54 MHz
(VFO: Continuous 30 kHz ~ 60 MHz)
|Mode||J3E(SSB), A1A(CW), A3E(AM), F3E(FM), F1B(FSK)|
|Frequency Stabilitys||±5ppm (±0.5ppm with SO-3), -10° C~ +50° C|
|Antenna Impedance||50 Ω|
|Antenna Tunable Range||16.7 ~ 150Ω|
|Current Drain||TX||20.5A or less|
|RX (No signal)||1.5A or less|
|Operating Temperature||14°F ~ 122°F (-10° C~ +50° C)|
(W x H x D)
|Without projections||10.63 x 3.78 x 11.46 in (270 × 96 × 291 mm)|
|With projections||11.02 x 4.21 x 13.19 in (280 x 107 x 335 mm)|
|Weight (Net)||16.31 lbs (7.4 kg)|
|Output Power||Max 100 W, Min 5 W
AM: Max 25 W / Min 5 W
|Less than ±5kHz (Wide)
Less than ±2.5kHz (Narrow)
|Spurious Response||HF: Less than -50dB
50MHz: Less than -60dB
|Carrier Suppression||More than 50dB|
|More than 50dB|
|Transmit Frequency Response||-6dB: 400Hz ~ 2,600Hz|
|XIT Variable Range||±9.999kHz|
|Circuitry||Double or Triple
|Intermediate Frequency||1st IF||11.374MHz||73.095 MHz|
|2nd IF||24kHz||10.695 MHz|
|3rd IF||–||24 kHz (except FM) /
455 kHz (FM)
|Sensitivity||SSB/CW/FSK (S/N 10dB)||Less than 0.5μV (0.13-0.522MHz)
Less than 4μV (0.522 – 1.705MHz)
Less than 0.2μV (1.705 – 24.5MHz)
Less than 0.13μV (24.5 – 30MHz)
Less than 0.13μV (50 – 54MHz)
|AM (S/N 10dB)||Less than 6.3μV (0.13-0.522MHz)
Less than 31.6μV (0.522 – 1.705MHz)
Less than 2μV (1.705 – 24.5MHz)
Less than 1.3μV (24.5 – 30MHz)
Less than 1.3μV (50 – 54MHz)
|FM (12dB SINAD)||Less than 0.22μV (28 – 30MHz)
Less than 0.22μV (50 – 54MHz)
|Squelch Sensitivity||SSB/CW/FSK/AM||Less than 5.6μV (0.13 – 0.522MHz)
Less than 18μV (0.522 – 1.705MHz)
Less than 1.8μV (1.705 – 30MHz)
Less than 1.1μV (50 – 54MHz)
|FM||Less than 0.2μV (28-30MHz)
Less than 0.2μV (50-54MHz)
|Image Rejection Ratio||More than 70 dB|
|IF Rejection Ratio||More than 70 dB|
|Selectivity||SSB||More than 2.2kHz (-6dB)
Less than 4.4kHz (-60dB)
|CW/FSK||More than 500Hz (-6dB)
Less than 1.2kHz (-60dB)
|AM||More than 6 kHz (-6dB)
Less than 12kHz (-50dB)
|FM||More than 12kHz (-6dB)
Less than 25kHz (-50dB)
|RIT Variable Range||±9.999kHz|
|Notch Filter Attenuation||Auto||More than 60dB|
|Manual||More than 70dB|
|Beat Cancel Attenuation||More than 40dB|
|Audio Output Power||More than 1.5W (8Ω)|
|Audio Output Impedance||8Ω|